3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation 3 IE9 "My MSN" pages down on 3 different Windows 7 computers

I have three computers, 2 64-bit desktops and a 32-bit laptop, all running IE9 on Windows 7 Home Premium. This morning, all at the same time, the default "My MSN" page on each of the three machines got scrambled up and now looks like the two print screen examples in the attachments that I am sending from my desktop. Note that one of the two attachments is from Firefox, since I have it set to default to my My MSN page there as well, but the same issue occurred there at the same time as IE9 though, which would seem to indicate the "common denominator" for all of them is that the issue (whatever or wherever it is) is with My MSN itself.

Is there any help out there available to help me restore this back to normal functionality? My Internet connection seems to work fine otherwise, but as noted in the attachments all "My MSN" default pages got scrambled up at the same time, as shown in the examples attached. Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

David E. Cann

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, now I am replying to my my own initial post here. Please forgive my apparent impatience, but I am not much of a technician at all and have no clue about what could have caused this so obviously no idea what to do about it. For clarification, please be aware of the following:

1. The issue appears to be with "My MSN," because it occurred simultaneously yesterday morning not only with my own My MSN page but also my wife's as well, leading me to guess (and it IS a guess) that something at Microsoft has gone down.

2. It likewise simultaneously took down four locations of My MSN, three in IE9 and one in Firefox (where My MSN was set as the default home page).

3. All other functions of the Internet appear to remain working properly, it is just that my wife's and my own "My MSN" pages in at least four locations on three different computers, and on two different browsers (IE9 & Firefox) all went down apparently at the same moment.

Given all of the above, and with the only common denominator in all cases being My MSN page itself, it would appear to me that whatever cause this is with Microsoft itself somewhere, but I am far from an expert opinion on the subject. Can any of you resident experts out there shed any light on this, please? Is there anything I can do to help get functionality back? I have tried everything I can think of, but that is prescious little and it has had not the slightest bearing on a solution. :-(

David E. Cann

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Same problem on IE and Firefox. Looks like my.msn has problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinW For This Useful Post:

decann (2013-11-07)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft says they know about the problem and are working on it (Nov 6!!! so they must not be working on it very hard)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msn/forum/msn_com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinW For This Useful Post:

BruceR (2013-11-07),decann (2013-11-07)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Justin, I thank you for the reply. Microsoft's answer doesn't surprise me, but I should have gone there in the first place myself. I thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
    Microsoft says they know about the problem and are working on it (Nov 6!!! so they must not be working on it very hard)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msn/forum/msn_com

David E. Cann

Thanks
    My MSN page was down for a couple of days including this morning. It is now fixed and online again. I believe they had some problems. All is well now.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not too well, apparently. None of our four reported are working yet, with no change at all. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    My MSN page was down for a couple of days including this morning. It is now fixed and online again. I believe they had some problems. All is well now.

David E. Cann

Thanks
    Hmmm, mine is working fine, but then again I am using IE 11 on Win 8.1. Perhaps they have not solved the problem on Win 7 yet. I guess the newer OS is solved first in this case. Sorry!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

decann (2013-11-09)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    And now on Friday before a long holiday weekend, it may be next week sometime if even then. :-(
    Hmmm, mine is working fine, but then again I am using IE 11 on Win 8.1. Perhaps they have not solved the problem on Win 7 yet. I guess the newer OS is solved first in this case. Sorry!

David E. Cann

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    FWIW, a notice was just posted on the MS forum mentioned above saying the issue is fixed. Upon checking, I found 3 of the reported 4 My MSN accounts now functioning normally. The fourth one was "refreshed" and now is also working as well, so hopefully they will all continue doing so for awhile. My thanks to all for the help.

David E. Cann

Thanks
    Glad they solved the problems. When mine was not working, the displayed page was pretty strange.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

decann (2013-11-09)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Medico, all seems to be workng well with IE9 once again, but it sure wasn't for most of the week.

I am thinking now about upgrading to IE11 (for Win7) now, but that is another issue entirely. After upgrading to IE10 briefly and dealing with a problem, I reverted back to IE9 to fix it, so I am more than a little cautious on the subject. :-(
    Glad they solved the problems. When mine was not working, the displayed page was pretty strange.

David E. Cann

Thanks
    You can actually skip over IE 10 and go directly to IE 11. Hopefully this link will go to the download page. I get the "You've already got our latest browser" message when I go there.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

decann (2013-11-10)