New Lounger
    Thanks

Flash Movies in IE9 & IE10 show black window

Cannot get Flash to play a video in IE 9 or 10. Have tried everything:
    Activex Filtering is unchecked
    The Shockwave Flash Object Add-on is enabled.
    I have used the Adobe Uninstaller to remove Flash and rebooted.
    I have downloaded the full Flash installer, unblocked the Installer files and installed as the Administrator (by right clicking and running as Admin)
    I have checked that various Flash Player installer files are not lurking in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    Programs and Features reports that Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX is installed.
    When I go to Flash Player Help / Find version at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...sh-player.html it shows something very curious. When Flash Player is not installed, there is a blank box as they describe on the page. But when Flash Player is installed, the whole area where the Flash movie should be playing is just white. There is no blank box, just the white background.
    When I go to a site that has an embedded video (such as nytimes.com) and click play the video, I can hear the audio but no video. The same thing on Vimeo. Yet videos on YouTube play with no issues. What's up with that!
    Running Win 7 64 bit, 32 bit IE 10

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried disabling other add-ons?

Have you checked the troubleshooting steps at Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Also see this thread at the Adobe community - Flash Player not working in IE 10, Windows 7 64 bit version.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

fazon (2013-11-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe - You nailed it. In the thread from the Adobe community Chris Campbell posts about KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64. He advises to get the latest drivers for my video card and if that doesn't fix the issue, then uninstall KB2670838. The uninstall did the trick. I have a couple of users (beside myself) with this issue and I'm really happy to have found a solution.
    Thanks again!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You're welcome. Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe