Thread: win 7 faxing

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question win 7 faxing

hi,

a dell d830 win enterprise, 64 bit 4 GB mem

i tried to fax from msword 2010, select the fax printer and it seems ok, but hangs. i go into faxing from the devices and printers dialog and check the set up. when i go to create an acct for faxing it becomes un-responsive when trying to connect to the fax modem. i have a conexant cx 11270 modem driver ver 7.80.2.52. it responds when i test it from the driver diagnostic wizard.

i loaded snappy fax and that software works fine. any ideas why i can't get the ms fax to work?

thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    nlehrer.hello and welcome to the site.
    You do realize that you need an RJ11 connection, I do not mean to be rude. Having just the Internet and an RJ45 will not allow faxing. Do not be hurt by my suggestion. Jean.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    yes, i do have a functional rj11 connection. otherwise the commercial fax software would not have worked. i remember dial-up connections.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello. I tried faxing here on W-7 and all is fine. All I can say is that maybe a "Repairs" would install the missing loops in your installation. The app is working, here at least. I had missed the fact that Snappy Fax was good to you, it looks like a Windows problem and a Repairs might fix it. Jean.