Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner,

Thanks for the tip on the Snipping Tool, created a shortcut for simple use. I use Snap Shot in conjunction with Photoscape. This combo give me the many editing options needed in my business.

Back to the orig wlm email situation.

As orig stated, I'm running wlm v9 on in w7 pro with xp virtual OS.

QUESTION: I have downloaded the wlm v12 installer. Can I just install wlm v12 WITHOUT uninstalling v9 and will v12 automatically IMPORT 1) My email accts, 2) contacts, 3) blocked senders?

This is very important as I cannot be without an USABLE email acct. We all have spent too much time discussing a simple business situation, and I especially don't want to waste your time as you have been you PATIENT & HELPFUL. Also, I'm not a typist and all this hunting, pecking is driving me up the wall.

I will be trying what you suggest on another (test) pc w/xp & oe to see how wlm12 installs & how well it functions.

cheers,

klx
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

PS: How do you officially a "thank" person on this forum, can't find the link, button, or menu. Why not just a simple link or check box on every reply: Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klxdrt View Post
    PS: How do you officially a "thank" person on this forum, can't find the link, button, or menu. Why not just a simple link or check box on every reply: Thanks
    There is one at bottom left (except on your own posts).

Bruce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-13)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bruce,

Thanks for the quick response.

I wanted to Thank the members who helped me in my post at the time they assisted, the normal way, the way I was brought up, if you thank later, you're rude.

Cheers,

klx

Thanks

QUESTION: I have downloaded the wlm v12 installer. Can I just install wlm v12 WITHOUT uninstalling v9 and will v12 automatically IMPORT 1) My email accts, 2) contacts, 3) blocked senders?
    Whe installing v12, v9 will be over written, you wont lose your accounts. As you don't use WLM signed in using a Microsoft account, you will have NO contacts or blocked senders stored.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-13)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner,

Thanks again for being so helpful. So I don't have to be bothering you & the forum about basic configuration about wlm. I've searched the net to no avail, except a lot of mixed info, stories, confusion, about wlm and even it's name. I know "everyone" is using web mail. I could go to outlook, but I don't need an 8" howitzer to hunt squirrels.

Haven't checked B&N yet, but is there an operating manual or concise info on a web site for this thing since it's new, non intuitive, minimal interface is kludgy?

I was able to add an imap email address, & some is my spam is being eliminated but not like before. As far as v9 or v12, I don't care which one is better as they both use very hard-to-read, low contrast (below spec) EASTER BUNNY colors which are not changeable to more legible & professional color schemes.

cheers,

klx

Thanks
    It's simply this, if you don't set any email program / settings properly it wont work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-13)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    RR,

Thanks, I'll just keep using what I have.

cheers,

klx

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I certainly sympathize with your reluctance to upgrade Windows Live Mail. These mail programs are extremely tricky and have inadequate instructions with them. For what its worth, probably not much, I can tell you that in my version of WLM, which is probably 2012, junk by itself does not block senders. Instead I have to use a setting that specifically says that a sender or domain is going to be blocked. So if you have a choice between junk and block, it may be advisable to use block to try to prevent mail from arriving.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elikam For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-16)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    elikam

Thank you, finally an answer to my orig question. Yea, I know what you mean by: "These mail programs are extremely tricky and have inadequate instructions with them" heck, I have trouble going to the bathroom.

All I wanted was a simple email program, like OE. I have made quite a bit of money & have hundreds of satisfied customers/clients worldwide with that "terrible" program.

It's only email, it's not like we are not trying to put a man on the moon.

I'm keeping my wlm v9 and manually adding unwanted email to blocked just like I did in 1947. Progress?

cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    RR,

Thanks, I'll just keep using what I have.

cheers,

klx
    Try this to see if you have any blocked senders. WLM Options.docx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-17)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roadrunner,

Thanks for your continued interest.

You mentioned "WLM 'signed-in." Please explain.. sign in to what?

I downloaded WLM for the POP 3 email only, not interested in all the other WLM stuff, didn't take or install.

Please check post #13 as the image I posted indicates a totally different screen as I am using WLM v9. And this version worked fine for 1 1/5 yr.

Below is an image of my current blocked senders and there is no way to export them.

Whoever designed WLM mail needs to go back to first grade or maybe even kindergarten. This is probably the worse piece of software I seen/used in 35+ yrs using pc's.

cheers,

klx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Late to the party here so I might have missed something, but if you are running XP in vm why not just use OE? In conjunction with a better default browser than I.E.8.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-17)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bronze lounger,

I use w7 pro 32 bit, w/xp virtual enabled so I can run mostly 1 older program that I can't replace.

Mostly I usew7 with wlm v9 and use no mail or web acces with virtual xp. My main w7 browser is FF 25.0.1 as has een since ff was introduced 6-7? yr ago.

You amy want to read the whole post, much was discussed concerning 2 important business considerations: Import/export blocked senders & flagging blocked senders. MS went back to 1947 to get the project mgr & coders.

cheers,

klx

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I use w7 pro 32 bit, w/xp virtual enabled so I can run mostly 1 older program that I can't replace.

Mostly I usew7 with wlm v9 and use no mail or web acces with virtual xp.
    You amy want to read the whole post, much was discussed concerning 2 important business considerations: Import/export blocked senders & flagging blocked senders.

klx
    Aye that I did (read), else I shouldn't have known you had XP in VM and liked OE, hence my question. I didn't see where you may have mentioned no Internet access with the VM though. If you search the forum there is a discussion about a modern OE clone that's free to use for one or two accounts, pay for more. I have 7 or 8 accounts all wrapped into WLM 2009 or I would have given it a shot and remembered the name.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2013-11-24)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    F.U.N. downtown

I could not find "a discussion about a modern OE clone" you mentioned in your post. Can you be more specific?

cheers,

klx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast