Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Update > EMET 4.1 released

You may download the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 4.1 from this link.

What's new from the web page:

"EMET 4.1 release includes new functionality and updates, such as:
    - Updated default protection profiles, Certificate Trust rules, and Group Policy Object configuration.
    - Shared remote desktop environments are now supported on Windows servers where EMET is installed.
    - Windows Event logging mechanism allows for more accurate reporting in multi-user scenarios.
    - Addressed several application-compatibility enhancements and mitigation false positive reporting."

Joe

Thanks
    Arrg
    I am reading this an hour after installing 4.0
    BTW something it was doing broke Chrome browser in XP. I just disabled everything for chrome and it is now working.
    Maybe it fixed in 4.1. They seem to be just breezing thru versions .......

Thanks
    Ok now lots of strange stuff surrounding my use of EMET. 4.1 now loaded.
    Logged in as admin and trying to run from tray I get a must be admin to run message. Runs fine if clicking the executable directly.
    Ok I can deal w/ that.
    I am more that a little confused that despite many reporting that Chrome has problems w/ SHEOP it is EAP that kills it. I will get 3 instances listed as protected but no window if EAP is active for Chrome.
    Importing a profile seems to delete what ever is there to begin with, mmm. It would be nice if a merge were possible. I guess if I knew what I was doing I could manually merge the xml files.
    It seems the wizard just loads the recommended profile, am I wrong about this or does it do any hunting for installed programs?