Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Update > EMET 4.1 released
2013-11-13, 14:09 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- St Louis, Missouri, USA
- Thanked 1,029 Times in 902 Posts
Update > EMET 4.1 released
You may download the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 4.1 from this link.
What's new from the web page:
"EMET 4.1 release includes new functionality and updates, such as:
- Updated default protection profiles, Certificate Trust rules, and Group Policy Object configuration.
- Shared remote desktop environments are now supported on Windows servers where EMET is installed.
- Windows Event logging mechanism allows for more accurate reporting in multi-user scenarios.
- Addressed several application-compatibility enhancements and mitigation false positive reporting."
2013-11-13, 21:22 #2
I am reading this an hour after installing 4.0
BTW something it was doing broke Chrome browser in XP. I just disabled everything for chrome and it is now working.
Maybe it fixed in 4.1. They seem to be just breezing thru versions .......
2013-11-23, 11:34 #3
Ok now lots of strange stuff surrounding my use of EMET. 4.1 now loaded.
Logged in as admin and trying to run from tray I get a must be admin to run message. Runs fine if clicking the executable directly.
Ok I can deal w/ that.
I am more that a little confused that despite many reporting that Chrome has problems w/ SHEOP it is EAP that kills it. I will get 3 instances listed as protected but no window if EAP is active for Chrome.
Importing a profile seems to delete what ever is there to begin with, mmm. It would be nice if a merge were possible. I guess if I knew what I was doing I could manually merge the xml files.
It seems the wizard just loads the recommended profile, am I wrong about this or does it do any hunting for installed programs?