New Lounger
    Thanks

links toolbar (ie 6)

For some reason I cannot change the organization of the links toolbar the way I want. In IE 5 or 5.5, I could arrange folders or individual favorites in any order. In IE 6, it seems that all folders are shown first, then shortcuts, all in alphabetical order, no matter what order I place them in using the favorites organizer.
    I have checked the box on the advanced options to enable personalized favorites menus, but don't know what else to try. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: links toolbar (ie 6)

You should be able to drag and drop each object using the left mouse button. It works on my machine. To organize them alphabetically, right-click and choose "Sort by Name".

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! Didn't think to do it the easy way! I can drag and drop in any order, but don't get the option to sort using a right click. Not important since I now have them the way I want. Much easier to drag and drop on the toolbar than using the crummy favorites organizer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Weird. "Sort by Name" should be there right above Properties in the right-click Context menu...

New Lounger
    Thanks

When I right click on the links toolbar, I get only choices to select what toolbars show or to lock the toolbars; no properties. When I right click on a shortcut on the links toolbar, I get a properties option but the option just above that is "rename". I do not have tweakui or power toys installed; maybe that is it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You must sort the listing by accessing the Favorites from the MENU and not from Favorites Exolorer Bar, on the left. You need to got to the Menu, Favorites, right click in the body of the menu and select "Sort by Name".
    You will also need to close the Favorites Explorer Bar and then shut dowe IE and then restart IE and add the Favorites Explorer Bar back. Now BOTH the Menu list and the Explorer Bar should be sorted

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, thanks.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

That is weird -- I can Sort by Name ANYWHERE! On the Links Toolbar, in the Favorites Explorer window, OR from the Favorites Menu object -- it does not matter. I don't know why it does not work for your Links Toolbar....