New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2013 Question\Confusion

This is my first posting here. That said, I will rant slightly about Word 2013, opinion only (mine). It sucks and is very confusing! I ran a search and could not find an answer, but I may have missed it.

How do you make spell check work correctly in 2013 Word? I purposely misspelled words and had it check for errors. "Spell Check Complete' You're good to go!" There are obvious misspellings. One word I typed was chihauau (Chihuahua) another was whlt (what)!

Can someone please tell me\show me how to make Word spell check? The Review\Proofing\Check Spelling as you type setting is checked, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Al

Thanks
    Click in a misspelled word and go to Review > Language > Set Proofing Language.
    There is a checkbox for "Do not check spelling or grammar."
    Is it checked?

If so, back out of the dialogs to the text and do Ctrl-A for select all. Go back to Set Proofing language and check that box until it is clear.

There write back and we can explore what happened.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply! I did exactly as you requested, selected a misspelled word, went to review>Language>Set Proofing Language (It was selected for US English), The Checkbox for Do not check spelling or grammar was NOT checked. Backed out and selected all, rechecked and the Checkbox was still not checked.

I am at a loss....your turn!

As a side note, how are things in Madison? Worked at Truax Air base back in 1970 (long ago for sure)

Thanks
    Can you attach a sample file that has the misspelled words?

I don't have Word 2013 on this machine (Vista) but will check when I get back to the office.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had enough, so I uninstalled and re-installed Office. That seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for the help attempt, but am not sure anything we would have done would have fixed the problem.

Al