3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sending text via email results in unaligned columns

I'm trying to send some text in an email from VB. When I create it in VB, it looks great because it's a fixed font. When I receive it in Outlook, the columns are all "higgledy piggledy" (if you understand me). Is there a way I can send the text so it gets received OK. I'm thinking of something like making sure it gets sent as plain text with "Courier New" as the font. But I'm not sure how to do that.

It will be some parameter (as in ".To", or ".deleteaftersubmit"), but I don't know where to look for the complete list.

Any help appreciated.

regards

Alan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    If you need text alignment, you should be sending HTML email, which in itself is another challenge and the results will vary with the reader. Any other way will fail - you can't ensure text email will be read using a specific font on the receiver.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It does come in as html mail (I think). But it still looks horrible.

OK - I'll have to live with it.

thanks

Alan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    If all you need is alignment, probably using HTML email and tables would do it, but that requires HTML knowledge and a bit of experimentation. Web developers usually complain about different browser's behavior when displaying HTML, but the situation is much worse regarding HTML support in email readers.

If looks matter for your email content, maybe try something different and email whatever you need to email as an attachment?
    Rui
    -------
    R4