2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unicode "no char" boxes instead of icons

On Yammer and one other website, Firefox 25 shows me small boxes containing Unicode character codes instead of icons. The codes appear to be in the Private Use area, but the standard fonts don't contain any glyphs in that area.

The icons render correctly in IE10, and I haven't seen the same behavior in FF on any other sites.

FF25: yammer_ff.jpg

IE10: yammer_ie.jpg

Is there something I can set to fix this?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I occasionally see some bizarre characters on a site if my browser fails to adjust its character encoding setting to match what the site needs. Have you looked to see what character encoding is set by Firefox for Yammer? You can check this by going to View-->character encoding. If it's not set for Unicode, that may be the problem. Then again, it may be something else entirely.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently it is something else entirely because it was set to Unicode (UTF-8), and the same box characters appear regardless of which encoding I choose.