Lounger
    Thanks

Can't send mail from Thunderbird, goes to Outbox instead of Send

All of a sudden, Thunderbird won't send my emails. It puts them into the Outbox in the Local Folders account. I try moving them to the Draft folder and then sending them from there, but they just go back to the Outbox. Anybody, any suggestions? Please? Help?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, never mind. Turns out that -- somehow -- I was working offline. Unchecked Work Offline, and everything's fine. Deep sigh.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    All emails go to Outbox, when there is one. Then they remain there less or more time, until they are sent, and then they are placed in the sent folder.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Had a similar problem last week with my wife's version of Thunderbird, couldn't send emails. Couldn't work out why (and she wasn't working offline), until I discovered that the software had somehow changed its own settings (weird!) and was seeking a proxy connection! Changed it back to 'no proxy' and now emails go out. Very odd...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [Maybe it would be worth changing the Subject line by appending 'False Positive - Offline' to save us reading through the whole page....]