2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Constant user name & password requests

I am using Windows Live Mail (2011 version) and have two separate email addresses. I find that for one address I now cannot receive mail, but I can send mail. I have checked the "properties" for both e-mail addresses and they are identical in terms of how they are set up. The request for verification of my user name and password comes up whenever I am in the problem account. I don't know what caused the this problem, but I' sure like to solve it. As the problem address is my default account I won't get automatic notices of replies, but I'll check this thread periodically.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried changing the password for the problem account and setting up WLM accordingly?

Thanks
    WLM 2011 is a bad version, updating to 2012 should cure your problem. You will lose nothing or have anything changed. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=overviewother
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried changing the password for the account but that didn't work. Not sure what you mean by "setting up WLM accordingly? Can you enlarge on that?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed WLM 2012 ,but I still have the problem.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    That is usually caused by a server issue, not a client issue. If you can't even change your password, you should contact your provider.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lodidad1 View Post
    I tried changing the password for the account but that didn't work. Not sure what you mean by "setting up WLM accordingly? Can you enlarge on that?
    What are the 2 mail accounts your using ???

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To: rui
    I don't see how it can be a server issue. I have two e-mail accounts and the other one works fine. When I said earlier (#4) that I changed my password, I actually changed my password (as far as I know). When I said it didn't work, I meant it didn't solve the problem.
    Last edited by lodidad1; 2013-11-16 at 18:37.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To Roderunner
    One is (name)@rr.neo.rr com & the other is (different name)@rr.neo.rr com. Does that help?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lodidad1 View Post
    To Roderunner
    One is (name)@rr.neo.rr com & the other is (different name)@rr.neo.rr com. Does that help?
    NO! i'm afraid it doesn't. It just deepens the mystery as why one works and the other wont. All I can suggest is re check the faulty one's properties on the servers tab. You might have a comma instead of a period or 2 periods or a spelling error somewhere.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To: Roderunner
    I had checked the set up on the servers tabs several times for both accounts and they looked identical. Just for kicks, I deleted the incoming and outgoing (POP) and (SMPT) settings in the problem account. After typing them back in again, I once again got the user name and password screen and when I clicked OK on that, all of a sudden I had new mail in the problem account. So something must have been wrong there and I couldn't see it - I saw no commas instead of periods, no misspellings and no extra commas or periods. So who knows? Anyway, it now seems that the problem has been fixed. Thanks for everyone's input.

Thanks
    Another satisfied member, well done.