New Lounger
    Thanks

DHCP -Convert Leases to Reservation

Hi All,
    I never came across this before and I'm sure I'm missing something simple. When you are in DHCP and you right click on a lease the option to convert to a Reservation is not available. I have never seen that not available. This happens in all scopes and for all leases. This is something my predecessor setup and I was trying to prevent starting over.

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Reservations are - or used to be - manual. You need to copy the MAC and set up a new fixed IP with that MAC.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found out this can be accomplished with the RSAT tools. I was attempting it through the DHCP console on the server since the server was off the domain. (Long story, not my first choice but this was inherited from my predecessor).