New Lounger
    Thanks

BIG problem with Windows7 PRO

I've used WordPerfect for MANY years and don't want to change to Word now. However, suddenly after an apparent update for Windows7, I can no longer print anything with WordPerfect on this computer. I also cannot publish my WP documents to PDF. I use an HP OfficeJet PRO 8500A (network) Scanner-printer. I can still print from my old computer using WindowsXP but dislike having to use two computer for work I want to get done! I've tried to set it back to a previous version but the program refuses to finish the changing. HELP. I just wish I could delete Win7 and go back to XP! I can print from a PDF document; I can use Open Office or WordPad and they print perfectly. I can also print from Internet. This is really frustrating to me.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Hi,

Welcome to the Lounge.

What have you tried to revert to a previous version? WordPerfect?
    Do you use System Restore points? If you do, can you try and go back to a point previous to the update that caused your problem?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

Alice P. (2013-11-20)

Thanks
    If you suspect it is a recent update then uninstall it.
    You may also need to reinstall WordPerfect afterward.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not a problem with WordPerfect - it's Windows7 and a recent update. I tried using the System Restore and it works at it, then says it's incomplete. I can't delete Windows but wish I could! I try daily to print something with WordPerfect and have to use the CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the Task Manager to get out of the WP program. At the end of the day when I power down the computer, it tells me there is still a document trying to print and asks if I want to delete it. This has happened for several days. How can I make the computer do a System Restore when it isn't cooperating with me?

Administrator
    Thanks
    You can try viewing the list of Windows updates and delete each of them individually, until the situation is fixed.

Allow me to suggest that from now on, you start using imaging as a way to backup your computer and always create an image before updating the computer. You can then restore to a good image, regardless of system restore.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    SUCCESS! Apparently, when I used the System Restore previously, I hadn't closed down my AVG (virus program) completely and it was keeping the System Restore from completely doing it job. I did it again this a.m. with AVG discontinued until a restart of the computer. Windows 7 went back to November 8 and all is well now. I'm now printing my documents from WordPerfect and can once again convert documents to PDF. Thanks for having this Lounge available with quick answers.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Great, I am glad System Restore helped you getting the problem fixed. System Restore does not get all the credit it deserves, even if it misbehaves sometimes, but it is a good tool to keep in everyone's troubleshooting arsenal .
    Rui
    -------
    R4