2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Could a game download cut off connection?

Is this just a coincidence or could my husband downloading free game software on his laptop be the reason why we suddenly lost connection to the interent twice?

I have a desktop Lenovo running W7 only 1 year old so usual specs for an average user. My husband has a Toshibo laptop W7 similar specs and age. He downloaded free software from wargaming.net/worldofwarplanes.eu and, in the middle of the installation updates, the internet connection was broken. I unplugged then reconnected the Netgear router and all was well. He restarted the download and the connection went again. I did the same and it's fine again. He hasn't restarted the download in case it happens again, but could it really be the culprit?

Thanks
    Hmm, downloading something as large as a game (could be several GB = a long time, depending on the download speed) might overstress/heat a basic/older router, especially if it's trying to do parallel surfing activities as well. Difficult to call on the given description. Try again after raising the router to allow better airflow/cooling, a couple of well placed pencils under the router may help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

sylviesinc (2013-11-20)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks I'll try it again today, utilizing your suggestion. The router is pretty old.