New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2010 Report Property box won't click open

This is driving me insane and it seems to relate to reports which you've initially raised automatically from say, a query or a table - but half way through a complex design for some reason or another I can't open the property box either manually on click on the menu or via a right click on the appropriate object... I've looked online for some help which seems to be oriented towards 2007 and didn't work for me (Ctr G and 'CommandBars("Property Sheet").Enabled = True')

Anyone any experience of this issue which may point me in the right direction??
    Thanks so much!

M

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've worked extensively with 2000 through 2013 and not seen that behavior, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. What service pack level is your Office 2010 installation? SP2 was released this past July and I have heard of a few glitches with it. In general, if you have the property box open on one form or report, close it and then open it, the property box should open for the new object.

Also, are you creating the report from a wizard, or using a report from a sample database and modifying it?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Wendell - I found the answer in another forum for Access 2007 - apparently it was a registry issue on the Commandbar side requiring a deletion of a file accessed via regedit.exe. I backed up everything and tried that and it worked fine and thank gawd I can now design again. It also affected the available fields function, incidentally. I must say I'm not finding the reporting side of Access 2010 fun compared to the older versions.