5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Apps for synching Windows music with Android

DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

Apps for synching Windows music with Android

By Lincoln Spector

Your smartphone is so much more than a means of communication. Camera, calendar, link to the Internet's vast information it's most likely also your day-to-day, portable music player.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/digital-entertainment/apps-for-synching-windows-music-with-android/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Talk about bad timing - it's announced today that WinAmp is shutting down in a month. If you want it, better act quick.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is bad timing, but there is a good alternative to Winamp which synchronises well with Android and iOS and includes, amongst many powerful features, excellent playlist management - MediaMonkey.

Lounger
    Thanks
    AOL announced Wednesday that it will stop supporting Winamp software, service and website as of Dec. 20.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/20/technology/winamp/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I got DoubleTwist to sync my android with my iMac. It was a bonus that it also worked with Windows.

Thanks

RIP WinAmp, you shall be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by LGruenfeld View Post
    AOL announced Wednesday that it will stop supporting Winamp software, service and website as of Dec. 20. http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/20/technology/winamp/
    Yes, indeed!
    It is a sad day for people (like myself) who have always relied on WinAmp and avoided WiMP all these years.
    I am currently going thru the long and arduous process of ripping my 1000+ CD collection to FLAC format.
    I have trialed many CD rippers, such ExactAudioCopy program that is the choice of many rippers, without 100% satisfaction. I have also unsuccessfully trialed FairStars Audio Converter.
    I am mostly relying on dBpoweramp CD Ripper for ripping my CDs, using the 'lossless uncompressed' (archive-quality) digital equivalents. Since dBpoweramp CD Ripper does not readily create playlists (*.m3u) of the ripped FLAC files; I have to perform a few additional steps to take all the FLAC files and "enqueue in WinAmp" and then create the needed playlists. Some of my CDs are not recognized by dBpoweramp CD Ripper. Thus, I also have to rely on WinAmp for ripping them to FLAC (but the WinAmp FLAC ripper does not offer the "lossless uncompressed" archive-quality format).
    Slashgear article states that the WinAmp website will be closed on 20 December 2013.

I know my whole post-reply is quite off-topic but WinAmp's demise is truly a sad event!
    If anyone is interested, there is a petition to provide CPR to WinAmp:
    PETITION - SIGN NOW to ask for Winamp to go open source
    Pasted from <http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373763>