Thanks

Render Print jobs

I needed to re install my printer this afternoon, and when I went to share it I saw the attached. I don't remember seeing this, but obviously I did and just didn't pay any attention to it.
    I searched this with Bing, and after reading a few articles I'm still confused.
    I am only sharing this with one other computer and am not using a print server, so do I need to Check It or Not Check It...... my guess is not check it. that sounds like Love It or... List It.... .LOL
    Thanks

John
    Print.JPG
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I have never seen that option, either.

I suggest you give it a try and see how having it checked and unchecked behaves.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    The computer the shared printer is attached to is the "print server". That check box just determines which of your two computers renders (processes) a print job - the client or the server. You normally want to choose which ever processor is faster - the one the printer is attached to (server) or the client computer. The print jobs should work with either setting.

Jerry