Thread: Updates

Thanks

Updates

I read of an update for Windows 8.1 Mail Calendar and Contacts and was wondering about updates. I have noticed a couple of update notifications through the store, but as for updates of this nature I'm not sure how or even where to find out if the updates have been installed. On my Windows Phone I can see in that store and phone which version and I get a notice when there is an update. In the windows Store I don't see the version of the apps that I am using. How can I find this information out? Especially about the new mail.

thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I think it was a feature of 8.1 that new app updates would be installed automatically, so you should get that one automatically.

Also, when you look for the app in the store, you will get the date it was last updated in your PC:

Capture.PNG

Some apps also show version numbers, when you look at the About or Options menus, when you open Charms -> Settings.

Maybe between these two options you can get the info you need.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you allow updates to be installed automatically they will be and you won't see any notifications. You can change the automatic update setting by opening the Store, then Win+C (display the charms bar), click "settings", then click "app updates". Use the slider at the top to enable or disable automatic updates.

You can always use the "Check for Updates" button to manually check. Microsoft often rolls out updates gradually. You may not get an automatic update for a day or two.

Joe