Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default Page Setup for all new workbooks (2000)

A co-worker asked me if there is a way to run a macro to set up a default page setup so all the print settings stay the same when they open up a new worksheet. He said someone told him you could name it something like an Autoexecute and it would be able to run automatically when the sheet is open. I am not that familiar with macros to know the best way to do this. What is the best (and easiest) way to do this? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

-Kelley

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Page Setup for all new workbooks (2000)

If you have templates called Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the XLStart directory, they should provide the deafault settings without the need for VBA or macros at all. If the book does not already exist, just set page setup as required in a blank work book, and any other default settings you might want, and save it as Book.xlt in the XLStart folder (typically ..Microsoft OfficeOfficeXLStart.

Remember to apply the same settings to each worksheet. Then also save one of those sheets as Sheet.xlt, also in the XLStart folder.

All new workbooks you create after saving these file should adopt all the properties of Book.xlt, including page setup. The same setup will apply for any new worksheets you insert in any workbook, new or old.

Andrew C

rpray

I am trying to accomplish a similar task. I have add-in(s) for Template Utilities or Template Wizard. What do you recommend? I am attempting to transfer or copy my Page Setup settings to another sheet in a different file.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You might try the following procedure if it is just a once off.

Open both workbooks. select the one with the page setup you want to copy, the use Filw, PageSetup and click ok.

Select the other worlbook , and select all the sheets (hold down Shift and click on all sheet tabs) you want the setup to apply to and press F4. (or Ctry-Y, or Edit, Repeat Page Setup). Hopefgully that will copy most if not all you settings over.

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

The easiest way I can think to copy settings is to record a macro and store it to your personal macro workbook. Open the workbook with the page setup you want to copy and select Tools/Macro/Record Macro. Give the macro a name, and use the dropdown to store the macro in Personal Macro Workbook. When the macro starts recording, go to File/Page Setup and click on each of the tabs in the dialog box (this will record ALL the settings). Stop the recording, and then go to a new workbook to test your new macro.

Thanks

... and if you needed multiple print settings use Custom Views in the Book.xlt

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile