New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem installing a updated program

I run win7 64 bit 6 Gig of ram with a SSD C:drive and programs installed to D: drive have had no trouble with programs install until last week I tried to update my Audials v 10 to version 11 downloaded ok went to install it and it stalls with the message his program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator this only happens with this install other programs that I have installed work with no problems .
    I updated Audials 11 on my laptop with no trouble
    Can any body help me how can I change my group policy to allow it to install

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi stoneman,

some updates can be installed over the old one, others must be removed first. Try an install with your firewall disabled like this:- How to Install.pdf
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roderunner

The new program should install over the old one to keep my setting the program site says that it not required to uninstall the old version stopping the firewall makes no difference as i said before I updated it on the laptop with no trouble
    What I need is instructions on how to change the group policy to allow the install

Thanks
    Were are GP changes made after installing the older version ???
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Is that a personal Windows computer you are running at home, or are you running it in a corporate environment?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner
    I have never made any group policy changes to my computer I reinstalled win7 last year when I added a ssd c: drive every thing works ok apart from this program
    ruirib
    This is a personal computer at home

Administrator
    Thanks
    Ok, so unless you had applied group policies, which seemed rather unlikely right from the start, this may very well be related to a security app. Do you run a firewall? Which one, if you do?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ruirib

Comodo firewall and Avast antivirus which I shut down before I tried to install this program

Administrator
    Thanks
    Your problem is Comodo. I have seen that type of app causing these error messages. Don't shut either down, let them run. If Comodo has a mode that tells it to just proceed with any installation (Online Armor, which I run, has learning mode), put it into such mode. Otherwise just be ready to give permissions for the install as Comodo requests them.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay

I have found the solution as I would not install any program without it being blocked by group policy
    How to Reset Local Group Policy to Default in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
    Code:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/214461-local-group-policy-reset-default.html
    I used the second option the bat file I can now install all the blocked programs