Thread: OneNote upgrade

Thanks

OneNote upgrade

Major upgrade to OneNote.. Nice!

there are still some things that need to be fixed, and I sure hope the boys in Redmond add them.
    The main fix needed is that if you share using the Charm, OneNote opens only to the notebook that
    1: you currently have open and a couple of other recently used ones. there is no way that I see to select the exact place you want to save the share.
    2: the OCR still needs some work. Not capturing everything.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    I use OneNote every single day, but I can't really like the metro version. I don't have any use for it at all.
    Feels kinda strange, as I use Metro apps, just can't see the benefit of this metro version over the desktop one. Of course, John, I suppose you using RT may make things a bit different .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I don't know about the RT thing, but I too use OneNote everyday. I like the cleanliness of it. It just is neat looking and not all cluttered. I like to cook, and really its been a pain in the you know what to c/p recipes into OneNote. The share charm really does do a fairly nice job of this but as I mentioned above, there is a lot of room for improvement
    I just found something else that MSFT needs to add in both the Win 8 desktop version as well as the Metro version, and that is the ability to move notebooks and or sheets to another notebook.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    I just found something else that MSFT needs to add in both the Win 8 desktop version as well as the Metro version, and that is the ability to move notebooks and or sheets to another notebook.
    To move a notebook you can simply save it into a OneNote package file. Once in the destination computer, just click it and the notebook will be imported. I suppose the menu location for his varies with the Office version. For OneNote 2013 there is a File->Export option that allows this.

To move a sheet, right click it and choose Move or Copy - it will allow you to move it to any other notebook you can access.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    In Outlook 2013 Desktop, I can press and hold and get the right click menu where I can move or copy. That was my error. However in the Metro version there is no clear way to do that as far as I can see what I did find however was that you can press firmly on the page that you want to move, then drag it to the section that you want and voila there it is. Of course I suppose what I could do for now is run both in Side by side until I get used to the new version. LOL

Screenshot (18).png
    Thanks John