5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Manipulate document, image, and video formats

BEST SOFTWARE

Manipulate document, image, and video formats

By Michael Lasky

Utilities do many things, but they exist for one simple reason: they let us prevail over the limitations inherent in Windows and common productivity apps. Here are four small apps that can reduce work time and save money spent on paper and ink.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-software/manipulate-document-image-and-video-formats/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using FinePrint since the mid-2000s I think. Fantastic piece of software. Simple and to the point.

Thanks
    I have been using PDFtk by PDF Labs for a long time now. I have the Pro, which is $3.99 but the free one served me well for a long time. The Pro gets you both the GUI and the Command Line version the "Free" one is GUI only.
    It does have a quirk or two but nothing that would stop it from doing a great job with arranging or re-arranging existing pdf files.

For the non-profit that I volunteer for, we use Tracker PDFxchange, it is hard to beat at $0.00.

Free, Non-commercial PDF-XChange Lite - We are now offering PDF-XChange Lite for FREE - no strings or catches, the only restriction being you must not use for business or commercial use in any way - so now all home users, students, non-commercial sector organizations have access to a truly robust, 'industrial' strength PDF creation tool, for use with any Windows application - just open a document and 'Print' to PDF-XChange Lite to create your PDF files!
    Last edited by RussB; 2013-12-01 at 13:16.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(