Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui,
    You mean I didn't make any mistakes? I cant even believe I did it. How about Malware-bytes uninstall and just go with MSE or do I want to change that also I don't need to if I don't have to?
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Ok, now making sure EAM and MBAM run nicely side to side (if you don't do it, CPU usage can get a bit high when MBAM is scanning files).

1. Right click the EAM icon at the bottom right in your taskbar and choose Application Rules. You will get something like this:

MBAM1.JPG

Click the Add New Rule button. You will get a dialog like this:

MBAM2.JPG

Now click the small button with the 3 dots and the top and browse to c:\Program Files(x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-malware folder and then select mbam.exe. The dialog will look like this:

mbam3.JPG

For security mode, choose Always allow this application. Press OK and you're done. You can close the dialog in 1, which will show a new line with the exclusion you just added.

That's it. Now EAM and MBAM will run alongside each other fine.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYPHIL View Post
    Rui,
    You mean I didn't make any mistakes? I cant even believe I did it. How about Malware-bytes uninstall and just go with MSE or do I want to change that also I don't need to if I don't have to?
    Phil.
    Phil, Malwarebytes Pro (MBAM Pro) is an excellent app. I recommend you keep it as another of your defense layers. Just follow the steps in my previous post to make sure that it won't cause excessive CPU use when it is scanning your computer.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui,
    I knew it couldn't be that easy. Do I really need MBAM? I will wait for your answer and if you say yes I will do it tomorrow I think I remember seeing that box during the installation. But after your answer its time for me to lay down for a while and by the way thank you very much because I already really like that app very very much its great.
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I would advise you to keep it, Phil, MBAM is an excellent app and can catch anything EAM misses (it's always possible, no app will catch everything).
    Rui
    -------
    R4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay I will have to check out where I can get a couple of copies of MBAM Pro I just have the free one. What about MSE? And I hate to admit it but can you give a simple explanation of CPU? Thanks very much for everything talk to you in 6 or 7 hrs. Thanks again.
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    The free is ok too, Phil, I thought you have had the Pro one. There is no need to buy the Pro, then, just run the free one, even if that one won't provide live protection.

CPU stands for Central Processing Unit, is the one of the central components of a computer. It is the CPU that does most of the work related to getting tasks done in a computer. It basically runs the show, to put it in a simple way. If MBAM is not excluded from withing EAM, it's possible that the CPU is used in full, slowing down all the rest of the stuff you can do, while it is being used in full.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui,
    Good day to you. I have been doing my morning maintenance on my desk top. before I got hold of you. Thank you for the nice concise explanation of CPU I kind of knew that but wasn't real sure and wasn't aware of the speed part kind of. I can get Malware-bytes Pro from them Family Pack 3 copies and shipping for about $65.00 I like that live protection and if I am doing this there is no sense going halfway might as well do it all the way and as good as we can. What about MSE are we just going to run with that its okay by me its up to you whether it passes the safe test? Time for shower and stuff will get your answer when I get done. Thanks again for the help. By the way the computer I have been doing the modifications on is a fairly new HP laptop that I boosted up to 8 gig of Ram running w7 64 Bit just like my Desktop I figured if I was going to make a big time error to do it on that one also it doesn't have as much stuff on it so I could also see what kind of time I was dealing with in regards to doing all these modifications and not lose the service of my Desk top if something goes belly up. Will get your input after shower, thanks.
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Good morning, Phil,

If you run EAM + MBAM Pro, you will be doing fine. I don't think you will gain much by adding MSE, so I would advise not to add it.

If you want to go ahead anyway, you'd need to exclude it in the same way I showed you could exclude MBAM. You should then exclude EAM in MSE, which is a similar process.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My Friend,
    So what you are saying is when I get MBAM Pro take out MSE? Is there any reason to uninstall it first before I put in MBAM Pro no right or I wouldn't have to configure it after the installation right? How do I get those instruction boxes that you sent for the configuration of EMS to be a bit bigger I can barely read them? You should be teaching an on line Computer Science class for some University. Let me see what kind of action I can get from MBAM probably just like EMS right download online get CD later huh?
    Phil

Administrator
    Thanks
    You have EAM and MSE running now?

Have you tried to click the images? They will show in normal size, if you do .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well of course not I didn't know that I just clicked them and they are very readable thanks. Yes I have Emsisoft & MSE on that other computer that's what I was referring to when I said I had no warnings when doing the Emsisoft installation. As I said I ran two Deep Scans with Emsisoft I have not tried to run MSE since the new installation should I get out that computer and try it? I should probably try and do do your configuration first right? I am sorry disregard what I said I forgot you advised me to take out MSE.
    Student.
    Last edited by COWBOYPHIL; 2013-12-13 at 18:47.

Administrator
    Thanks
    EAM can run alongside MSE, you will probably just get a bit of CPU usage.

You can exclude MSE from EAM. You should exclude 3 files:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\NisSrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe

To exclude EAM in MSE, I am at a disadvantage as I am not running MSE, so I cannot provide direct guidance, but I will look into it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Professor,
    If you tell me I don't need it and its overkill its easier to just take it out. I was curious so I looked and I started this thread on th 28th of Nov about going from i.e. 9 to i.e. 10 we sure have come a long way in 16 days. That's a lot of your time and the benefit of getting to use a lot of your expertise and knowledge. Thanks. I am kind of surprised we haven't had anyone else ask any questions or have any interaction. Does everyone else already know all this stuff? You give me your best opinion please on MSE, thanks.
    Student
    Last edited by COWBOYPHIL; 2013-12-13 at 19:39.

Administrator
    Thanks
    This is a very long discussion, Phil, and we changed subjects, which we really should have not done it (we should have started a discussion on EAM to keep things disciplined).

I would be happy enough with EAM and MBAM Pro. I really don't think MSE will catch something EAM does not, to be honest.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2013-12-13)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast