Lounger
    Thanks

W7 Closing down while in use

I have just bought a Panasonic laptop running W7 Professional 64-bit. I am setting it up to be the same as an older Panasonic laptop also running W7 Professional 64-bit.

While in use, I'm at the keyboard or using a BT mouse, the screen goes off and I loose control. There is disk activity for a while and then stops. Then pressing the power on/off button, there is the Windows close down beeping during disk activity, but still no screen display.

At first I thought it was only while using battery power, but it also happens on mains power.

I've set the power options for battery/mains for Turn off display 1/3 hours and sleep 2/5 hours.

The last time it failed on mains, even the power button did not work. The only way to gain control was to remove mains and then remove the battery. This time I saw the normal message about windows not being closed properly. At other times this was not displayed. I'm using Chrome and when it is closed poorly (on other computers), on re-boot asks if I want to re-open the same tabs as when closed. This does not happen.

I've been using Windows for many years and never seen this before. Any suggestions, as it looks to me like faulty hardware.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

It must be still under warranty? Why not take it back to supplier and ask them to check it over.
    Might be worth seeing if the memory sticks are fitted properly they may have come loose during transit.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Yes, I agree, this sounds like a problem that should be covered by the supplier. It could very well be a H/W failure rather than a S/W failure.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    If it's under warranty, that route should be perused first. But you can also have a look in the event viewer
    to see if any crash related information can be found and passed on to tech support.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.