5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WLM cleanup question

I have received many emails with large Excel attachments. I save the Excel files elsewhere on my hard-disk.
    Is there a way to save the email text and delete the attachments?
    I would be saving mega-space if that is possible.

Thanks for any help,
    Dick

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    How to Delete an Attachment from Received Mail in Win Live Mail, Outlook Express
    By Heinz Tschabitscher

Can't say that I've tried it. I've always either saved the whole email message with the attachment elsewhere as well, or deleted it.
    Let us know if it works out for you Dick.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the pointer to the article Clint. The first method described is very cludgey IMO. However, the 2nd method is easy: I didn't realize that I could forward the emails in question to myself; and, to get rid of the large Excel attachments all I had to do was: right click the file(s) in question, and select "remove."

Dick

Thanks
    If you "reply" rather than "forward" the email, it should send the email without the attachment. (That's how Outlook handles emails.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll try that way also.

Dick