3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Flickr picture-saving issue

I have uploaded pictures several times to Flickr and every time I leave the page and then return, they are all gone. I have put them into a group, added a small description and nothing works. I cannot see anywhere you can save these. As the admin of the pictures, I should be able to see them later once I have uploaded them. I have a privacy setting of friends and family, but have not added any names yet.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 1,012 Posts
    So if you login, you don't see the pictures? Sorry if this seems obvious, but after adding descriptions, grouping, etc., you still need to click the upload button. Have you done that? I find the UI a bit deceiving, because of this, although it will warn you of you move away without uploading, but a popup blocker could prevent you from noticing the warning popup.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

JCitizen (2013-12-05),ldb (2013-12-03)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It must have been the Adblock Plus blocking the pop up. I guess I thought I had already uploaded the photos and did not know I had to click on a button which basically states that I am doing it again. I did not know I was just viewing the photos in their browser.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Ad blocking has that effect, sometimes blocks legitimate popups. The flickr user interface its not that good, IMO, it can make you erroneously believe the upload is done, when it hasn't been completed yet.

Anyway, you glad you solved it .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    For anyone else reading this post, I hope it is clear that you can easily configure ABP to allow on selected sites; and it will remember that URL. I always click it so it turns green, for sites that rely on advertising to make a living. Many of these good sites gather data on ad effectiveness, and will not count your visit to your favorite "free" site, if the ads are blocked. I'm just posting for awareness here - I'd like to keep the internet free for as long as is possible, anyway!