New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Home and Student Office transfer to exchanged machine

I purchased the Microsoft Student/Home license and installed it on a new HP Win8.1 machine. After 18 days I decided to return the machine for a different one. I restored the machine to factory setting with no saved programs or settings. At least that is what I hope happened. When the exchanged machine arrives, what can I expect when I try to install the used License on this one?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    You should install normally and then if you have issues activating Office, you will be given the opportunity to contact Microsoft, which you should do, and explain the situation. They seem to be understanding in similar situations.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was hoping to avoid the difficulty I had when I had a hard drive go bad and reinstalling the OS was quite the ordeal with MS. Appreciate the quick response and thanks for the good news Ruiri.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    No problem, good luck with your new machine .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you ring Microsoft, carefully select your options so you are transferred to the Licensing section. I didn't when I rang, and the outsourced call centre staff didn't have the slightest clue about licensing issues, gave me wrong information, and didn't know enough to transfer me to the Licensing section.