New Lounger
    Thanks

Post 2 routers to extend range

Hello Everyone,

I have a Netgear DGN 2200 router that I use at home for internet access. My pc is connected through ethernet cable and other devices uses the wifi.

In my room the wifi is signal is not strong so I got another simple wireless router (Netgear WRN612 wifi router). Since a ethernet cable comes to my room, I intend to connect 1 end of cable (that comes from my main router) to the new router, other end to my pc and configure settings so my pc can access internet (ethernet) and I can enable wifi so that network range also gets extended.

I am struggling to configure the router. I will be glad if anyone can help me.

Thanks,

Cheers,
    GR

Thanks
    GR,

Here's an article that may help. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greatchap View Post
    ...Since a ethernet cable comes to my room, I intend to connect 1 end of cable (that comes from my main router) to the new router...
    "Since a ethernet cable comes to my room" why don't you connect that Ethernet cable directly to your PC?
    Computer Consultant/Technician 15+ years experience.
    Most common computing error is EBKACB: Error Between Keyboard And Chair Back
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For the second router I turned the dhcp off and configured the ip. It started to work.
    @Coochin: I wanted to extend the wifi (not just use my pc thru ethernet cable)