Thanks

No Bass speaker on laptop

I moved everything from my HP desktop to the HP dv7 laptop. Everything went fine, except that I lost my bass speaker. My desk speakers plug into the bass speaker which then plugs into my laptop. The desk speakers are working, so I know the connections and current are there and active, but no bass speaker sound.

Is there some adjustment I need to make or that I cannot make that is necessary to make this work? Is this what is called stereo 2.1?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Go to your laptops "sound" or other brand audio properties and ensure that it's setup for 2.1 sound.
    A typical 2.1 system should have it's own external power, ensure that it's plugged in to mains power.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    Cliff I don't have 2.1 as a choice.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    What model are the speakers?

If the subwoofer is the only connection point (via the usual 3.5mm jack) then it shouldn't matter what the computer settings are. You would get something out of the system, although it might not be optimum.