Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, John.
    I am sure that you can save to a default spot. I Save as: to the desktop and after twice doing this, it is the permanent default, W-8 learns ! Jean.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John, nice name.
    How do you connect a HD to a router ? Maybe I do not know 'cuze I do not have this option but tell me. Have a nice day. Jean.

Thanks
    I have a Cisco E1550 wireless Router. the router has a USB port and I simply plugged it in.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "the router has a USB port and I simply plugged it in. "

Simple enough, I had not seen this yet. Can you then use it as a "server" ? Accessible by all the machines on the LAN ? That would be nice. Have a great day. JP.

Thanks
    unfortunately No, at least not the way I have it set up. Keep in mind that this is strictly and External Hard Drive. It is a Maxtor III.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Can you then use it as a "server" ? Accessible by all the machines on the LAN ? That would be nice. Have a great day. JP.
    That implies some brains behind the operation and I've found that router attached USB drives aren't so great, at least not the ones I've used; so I prefer NAS devices, they seem to be excellent headless servers so I have about half a dozen now. A router is better at being a router.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    I've found that router attached USB drives aren't so great, at least not the ones I've used; so I prefer NAS devices, they seem to be excellent headless servers so I have about half a dozen now. A router is better at being a router.
    I had thought about doing this for a while, but just didn't have the need to do so. After I bought my Surface RT the need for the extra storage became a reality, even though I had already installed an SD card. Truthfully it works quite well. Would I do it again or go the NAS route? Yep I would do it again, mainly because the info that is on there I don't need to access away from here, and I can share it with another computer on my network.
    Thanks John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12