Thanks

old updates not installed

one of our computers has not been used in several months due to illness and interiim use of laptop instead. I have updated Norton and Malwarebytes and run those scans, but now I am faced with about 50 MS updates.

Should I start installing with the earliest ones or the more recent ones? There are a lot of 'net' updates plus the usual security updates.

This is lke you have when you buy a new computer and don't know where to start.

Really need some advice and instruction here.........

BJ

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Recently I installed a new Windows 7 system. As you would imagine, there was a huge number of updates to install. I just let Windows handle it and it required a few reboots and running Windows update a few times to get it all sorted, but it eventually did.

If you image regularly, I would recommend taking an image before an update. If not, I would just let Windows update do its own thing.

I would not install any driver related updates. If you want, you can either start or leave the .net updates to the end. One recent .net update took a huge amount of time to install.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Thanks for the image reminder!! it is running now.

BJ