Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    How did using the Compatibility List and my other suggestions pan out ?

There are a couple of other things you could try and they are clearing the SSL state and resetting the Hosts file.

For the SSL state go Tools - Internet options and under the Content tab click on Clear SSL state and this Fixit will reset the Hosts File http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Sudo15,
    The Compatibility List did nothing to improve the problem.
    Question on the SSL state - performing this operation does not affect passwords or any browser functions?
    I've not done this before so I needed to ask the questions.
    Thank you for your help. Sure appreciate it.
    Tom

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    No, it doesn't affect any of those and it's something I do as an alternative to tapping F5 when I get the busy when waiting for a web site to connect.

This article will explain about the SSL state http://science.opposingviews.com/cle...ean-22093.html and why it can help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo15,
    I cleared the SSL state and used Fixit - did not seem to help at all.
    I like IE11, but it's a nuisance on several sites, trying to get to load. I have IE8 (yes) on my other pc and it loads the pages fine.
    Go figure.
    Thanks, Tom

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I wonder if changing the DNS servers in the router and the IPv4 Properties in the computer to Open DNS 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220 would improve things ?

If you do try those then follow that change with the commands ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns as you've done before.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2013-12-21 at 17:52.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo15,
    Changed DNS servers as you suggested. Made no difference.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried running IE without add-ons or resetting it to defaults as Rui had suggested ?

I have problems with IE 11 in Win 7 so I'm quite happy to stay with IE 10 for now and haven't noticed any difference except that IE 10 works fine.

What didn't you like about IE 10 ?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo15,
    Yes, I tried w/o add-ons and reset to defaults.
    I have not tried IE10 - I went from IE8 64 to IE11 - Tried IE9 and it kept crashing. IE8 no longer displays the latest pages correctly.
    Can one still get IE10?
    Thanks so much for staying with me on this.
    Tom

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, you can still get IE10 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/i...wide-languages

Reset IE8 to defaults before you download IE10 and then none of the settings you had in 8 will be carried over to 10 and then you can start over with that.

Once it has installed go Tools - About Internet Explorer and uncheck the box for auto updates and that way you won't keep getting a Windows Update for IE11, although by then it may already be sitting there waiting for you to download which you can then right click on to select Hide.

While IE10 defaults to the 32 bit version whereas IE11 defaults to the 64 bit version, when you click on About Internet Explorer check to see which version it gives you.

Some sites are no longer supporting IE8 which could be why they are no longer displaying as they were, but could you post one or two of the links that you have problems with in IE11 and I'll install IE11 to see what I get.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2013-12-22 at 18:27.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same problem on windows 7 32bit ie11, this page can't be displayed. make sure the web address http://download.microsoft.com is correct. look for the page with your search engine. refresh the page in a few minutes. fix connection problems. I have a computer with windows 7 64bit ie11 have no problem with it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrye5 View Post
    I have the same problem on windows 7 32bit ie11, this page can't be displayed. make sure the web address http://download.microsoft.com is correct. look for the page with your search engine. refresh the page in a few minutes. fix connection problems. I have a computer with windows 7 64bit ie11 have no problem with it.
    If you can access the site okay with another browser such as Firefox, try resetting IE to defaults, running it without add-ons or adding the site to the Compatibility list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12