New Lounger
    Thanks

NIS causing BSODs

I've been using Norton Internet Security on several machines without incident for a few years now. Recently, 3 laptops running Win 7 pro x64 have been getting incessant BSOD's. I restored one of my laptops with a good image I had and it was stable for quite some time. NIS was deactivated as the license had expired. The minute I applied a new license and updated NIS - BAM! More BSOD's. So in the meantime, I installed MSE, along with Malwarebytes Pro with realtime protection. I don't anticipate too much trouble with those 2 together + common sense.
    NIS is still working just fine on my main Windows 8.1 box.
    Anyone have this experience?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    You can try BlueScreenView to look for more info on the BSODs: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Rui. I have been using bluescreenview. I believe this thread is now redundant since I posted at greater length in this part of the Lounge

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Rui
    -------
    R4