2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Need help with Acronis backup

I have Acronis TI 2011 and have used it in the past for restoring total back up images. A few days ago I backed up my Windows Live Mail, and now I want to recover it. I started by loading my Acronis Bootable Media disk. I was able to find my mail back up but could not see how to restore it. There didn't seem to be any button I could click to start the restore. It was an incremental backup if that makes any difference. Can anyone walk me through the process of getting this file back?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,030 Posts
    To recover files you do not need the recovery media. Now TI 2011 is a bit old and I no longer have it installed, so it's a bit difficult to provide step by step guidance, but let me ask you this - the backup in question has only the Live Mail files or does it have more stuff?

I would also suggest a look at the TI 2011 manual.

If you open TI, you will find something like this:

MyBackup.png

From the My Backups menu, choose Explore All Backups and pick the one you want, by clicking it. This will open the Backup Explorer.

BE.png

From here, you should be able to find the files and folders you want, select them and click the Recover button, like shown here:

BE2.png
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I added Instructions for Acronis 2011 here. These were added during the old Lounge so the screen shots were all tacked on at the end when the Lounge was updated.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To: ruirib
    This was very helpful, but my Acronis TI is so screwed up that I am thinking of uninstalling it and trying again. I can't back up anything and get huge numbers for problems that Acronis has no answers for. The same thing applies to restoring any files - same huge problem numbers, which again when checked out, ATI has no answers. I have another system image file on a separate hard drive that I can fall back on if I need it. Any thoughts?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To: Medico
    Thanks for the information. I already have the Acronis Users Guide in a file on my desktop - but with more than 200 pages of instructions, it's hard to follow and every time I resorted to it, I gave up shortly thereafter. They shouldn't make programs that need so much instruction.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lodidad1 View Post
    To: ruirib
    This was very helpful, but my Acronis TI is so screwed up that I am thinking of uninstalling it and trying again. I can't back up anything and get huge numbers for problems that Acronis has no answers for. The same thing applies to restoring any files - same huge problem numbers, which again when checked out, ATI has no answers. I have another system image file on a separate hard drive that I can fall back on if I need it. Any thoughts?
    Not sure what I can say, without knowing the issues you are facing with TI.
    Rui
    -------
    R4