2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Security Update KB2883150

So reading the October newsletter from Susan, this KB number along with a bunch of others were on hold and so i put them on hold. Now this months newsletter Susan has released this and to install this one along with others.

So I noticed this and wondered if anyone else has too. So far for all my systems; I went and did a "restore update" and this one was listed on all of them. Each system then did a rescan and not only were the ones I restored were offered, but now the new ones for this month. But on this update something strange. After that I proceeded to install the released ones including this one; I got about 1/4 of the way done on my systems and called it a night.

Today I went to continue updating the other machines and now this update (KB2883150) is now no longer offered on those systems where just 24 hours ago they were. So I tried something and went back to my systems I did yesterday; the ones that I installed this update on. I uninstalled this update, rebooted and then did a scan for updates again. Now it is not offered.

So just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

Thanks
    Steve
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'd installed the updates az-iz but after this month's I ran Disk Cleanup as an admin on the off chance that these had superseded any and following a search for the 2883150, it is no longer to be found - so guess it is no longer needed because of the this month's updates.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Steve,

I just got done updating my Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit system and this update is NOT installed. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs