IanRWilson

Making Crop Marks (Word 97)

I have a small publishing company and we use Word to set the text of our books. A printer that does some of our work needs crop marks on each page. Using a standard 8.5x11 page, we set the text in an area for a 6x9 trim size. The crop marks would be outside the 6x9 area and would define it. I thought that a watermark might do it but there doesn't seem to be any control over watermarks, i.e., adding a new one that would be the crop marks. I tried to put a table in a header but that doesn't seem to work -- plus I need real headers and footers as part of the text so it's difficult to use them for 2 different things. We really don't want to switch to PageMaker or Quark because of the expense and the learning curve but frankly I'm stymied.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Making Crop Marks (Word 97)

Add them by hand with the drawing toolbar to the header and footer. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Making Crop Marks (Word 97)

Consider to use Microsoft Publisher. It is fully compatible with Word, and you can still use Word as story editor, and Publisher for crop marks and other publishing-related needs.