Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font Attribute in a Field (Word 2007)

I use a lot of field math in my reports. For consistency, I like many of them to be bold.

They are in tables, if that makes a difference.

When I recalculate them, the bolding disappears. I have read elsewhere that I can control the font attribute. But I am unable to see how do do it. Can you help there?

And, is there any to easily convert the fields in an existing document?
    [I have been here for years; I had to get things restarted]

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    If you want to apply a particular attribute to a whole field, you can use the Charformat switch to the field (e.g. {=SUM(ABOVE) \* Charformat }, where the '=' is formatted with the required attribute). If you want to format +ve, -ve and 0 values differently, you can apply the desired formatting directly to the numeric picture switch. For a demo of the latter, see 'Formatting Numeric Field Results' in my Microsoft Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...Maths-Tutorial
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. That is really weird programming. Who would think that formatting the first character of the field name would be used to define the formatting of the output? And then, only if you tell the field to look at that first character!!

(I am showing my age, but I remember things in DOS, where the switch was applied, followed by the way the switch was to be used.)

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Word fields have worked that way for as long as they've been around (i.e. for over 20 years - i.e. back to when DOS was still around)!
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    Word fields have worked that way for as long as they've been around (i.e. for over 20 years - i.e. back to when DOS was still around)!
    But I was using WordPerfect 5.1 at that time. (And I would still like to be able to use it)