Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VicSetter View Post
    One of my prime uses for cloud storage is to make certain files available on the move via my Windows phone. This is something that is not provided by Boxcryptor and I can't see anything that is.
    Android has a BoxCryptor App at the Google Play Store.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timsinc View Post
    As you discuss in another article in the current newsletter the problem of getting past a deceased's password, one reason I use the Cloud is so my children could access my personal details the day I'm dead and gone (they would have my Cloud-drive password). What would they do if all the files had gone through this Boxcryptor software on my computer?
    Put the Master Password on paper and keep it in your home, not in your safe deposit box, as the latter might require a Probate Court Order to open.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller26 View Post
    Will this work correctly on a laptop that uses BitLocker since EFS is disabled per the article?
    BoxCryptor's site says this is not an issue. Mr. Langa's article says this is true, but with caveats.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doccus View Post
    You are quite correct, and the type of spelling error leads me to believe that this is an english speaking, American based company. If so, that is even worse.
    Your point can be re-emphasized by, say, one's visiting a lawyer who demonstrates bad spelling or grammar. You'd immediately get the impression that if he had not paid any attemntion to these things in university, he could well have glossed over, or worse, read inaccurately, the legal documents affecting, possibly, your well being and security.
    .. Time for a visit to the office across the hall?
    So when are you going to correct the typo in your own post here?
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    BoxCryptor's free version only covers one device, but they have a paid personal version which allows multiple devices to join in syncing with multiple cloud services. So there is portability of the encryption across multiple devices. At least in the paid versions.

Due to this and other value-added features, the business edition of BoxCryptor is sutiable for business collaboration environments.
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2013-12-28 at 16:05.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There must obviously be a simple answer, but since I do not know: Since EFS is native, why not just use that instead of BoxCryptor?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    There must obviously be a simple answer, but since I do not know: Since EFS is native, why not just use that instead of BoxCryptor?
    The idea is to pre-encrypt for upload specifically to Cloud Storage. EFS does encrypt, but does not facilitate the upload, especially if we want to sync between the local machine and the Cloud. BoxCryptor makes such secure transfers easier.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. So in Windows 8.x, where syncing to SkyDrive is built-in, does that make BoxCryptor redundant? Or if I encrypt documents using EFS in my local SkyDrive folder, and those docs are available offline, am I only encrypting locally and losing that encryption when they get sent to the cloud?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobprimak View Post
    BoxCryptor's free version only covers one device, but they have a paid personal version which allows multiple devices to join in syncing with multiple cloud services. So there is portability of the encryption across multiple devices. At least in the paid versions.

Due to this and other value-added features, the business edition of BoxCryptor is sutiable for business collaboration environments.
    Ditto in my experience. Only Dropbox is supported in the free version. Since I run Win8.1 w/SkyDrive, it is useless. But that in no way decreases the value of the basic article, only the free BoxCryptor aspect.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Boxcryptor virtual drive unavailable under different userID
    Yesterday I installed Boxcryptor 2.0 for pre-encryption of the sensitive data that I back up to the cloud. I use Norton 360 for this backup, Dropbox only for some sync with an Android phone, and Google Drive only for sharing. All sensitive data is in five folders on the same user data drive as the Dropbox and Google Drive folders. So the Boxcryptor setup required removing Dropbox and Google Drive, then addition of the five folders for backup. One of the five folders is \Outlook, so the Outlook profile had to be rebuilt to point to \Outlook in the Boxcryptor virtual drive. All this was accomplished as the admin user.
    However, I normally work as a standard user. There, the Boxcryptor setup refused the removal of Dropbox and Google Drive, so I can't add the five sensitive folders to make the encrypted files available for use.
    The system is Lenovo ThinkPad T430 with Win7 Pro x64 and the 500 GB internal HDD partitioned into C: for all software (fully patched) and D: for all user data. Security software is Norton 360 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Full backups are local.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix the standard user's Boxcryptor setup without a major restructuring of my user folders?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123