2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive and/or Barracuda Copy run at the SAME Time on the SAME PC?

Can Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive and/or Barracuda Copy run at the SAME Time on the SAME PC?

Lately, I've been reading comparisons of the file syncing services, including dropbox, Google Drive, MS SkyDrive, and now Barracuda's Copy service. Can some or all of these services be used on the SAME PC at the SAME time? or will some or all of them conflict with each other? I've been thinking of switching from Dropbox to something else to get more free storage space, but I'm not sure if I can set up a second file synching service along with my existing Dropbox account. Thanks for any advice.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,

I haven't tested it, but I don't see why they would conflict in anyway, even when accessing the same set of files. So, in principle, you should be ok.

See here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416952,00.asp
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Hi Rfarmer, most cloud services also leave a copy on your pc, giving you duplicates & using free space unnecessarily.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    If you specified a different set of folders for each of these services, you would have no conflict, and it definitely ought to work.