4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash Player 11 won't take

Hi,

I have been trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11 without success. I even followed the Flash Player Help/Enable for Internet Explorer instructions. Can someone suggest how I can get around this?

Flash Player gave me a message that it was installed on my computer. Revo Uninstaller has it listed as a program on my computer. But when I attempt to play videos on Yahoo or Google, I get the message that I must install Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Moon

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is this the Help page that you used http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...rmissions.html

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Sudo15. I will try this link out and let you know how it works out. Have a good one.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo 15, I started on the solution you sent and then felt that I was getting into too deep of water fooling around with the registry. So I did a system restore to factory conditions.

I have printed out the solution and will walk through it slowly to without executing commands. This will give me an opportunity to work with the registry.

Thanks for your help.

Moon

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did the factory reset not fix this on its own as that is usually a final solution that fixes most problems.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It did fix the problem. But I still would like to learn how to fix registry problems. I figure that I can begin by following the instructions in the link you sent me but not executing the commands. I initially just want to get accustomed to moving around in the registry.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I wouldn't download/execute any of those batch files as they will change items in your registry, but if you want to have a look around then go Start - type regedit then press Enter and click on Yes in the UAC.

Most things are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE with similar items in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and if you have uninstalled any programs and you still have a folder for it, then you can right click on it and select Delete or click on Export when you want to back up a folder prior to making any changes.

When you use that option you are presented with the file window to give it a name and that will be saved as a .reg file and to restore the file, go into the registry again and click on File/Import where you can browse to your Docs.

Click on the file then on Open and the folder will be restored as it was prior to making any changes, but creating a restore point before you go into the registry is the easiest method of backing up the whole of registry.

This article will give you some more info for working in the registry http://tweaks.com/windows/36956/how-...-the-registry/

I've recently found folders for McAfee and SuperAntiSpyware that should have been removed when I uninstalled them a while back and which I deleted by the method I've described, but I still backed them up using the Export option even though I'll never need them.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2013-12-15 at 13:34.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. Your post gives me so much more confidence in going into the Registry and doing simple tasks. And, of course, it demystifies the process. H

Have a wonderful Holiday Season and New Year,

moon

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Getting comfortable in the registry will make it less daunting when you need to make a tweak with the assistance of a tutorial from Google or Microsoft, with the latter giving the option to Let me fix it myself which an auto fixit would do.

Anyway, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too