New Lounger
    Thanks

Run a program when Windows powers monitor on and off?

WinXP PRO SP3.

Is there a way I can run a program when my system wants to power down the monitor (either using the screen saver feature or the advanced power settings, I don't care,) and then run another program when I want it to wake back up (by moving the mouse or hitting a key?)

I ideally, it would be best if Windows can do this natively, but if not, maybe there is a third party software solution?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This thread indicates it may be possible to monitor the power state, but you would need to run a program periodically - via Task Scheduler - to check the power state.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Mark ,
    If I'm correctly understanding you ... what you want should be easily obtained through adjusting the power scheme being run ...
    To do so .... Left Click on Desktop , Right Click on Properties , LC to open the Screensaver tab ... Left Click 'Power' button ( lower right ) . Pick one of the preset power schemes ... or design your own . If say you set the 'Turn off Monitor' entry to 5 minutes .... after no use of keyboard or mouse for 5 minutes , your monitor would go black .... Wiggling the mouse will wake it up again ...

Cheers ,

Evan .