New Lounger
    Thanks

Question IE 10 Error: Host Process For Windows Tasks has stopped working

I am running Windows 7 (64bit) on a Dell Vostro 1400. About 2 months ago I started getting the following popup ONLY when I run
    Internet Explorer 10: "Host Process for Windows Task has stopped working". The default website appears in the url locator but
    fails to load. IE 10 then gives me three choices: 1) Check online for a solution and close the program 2) Close the program
    3) Debug the program. If I choose either the first or the second, it runs and produces a new popup: "COM Surrogate has stopped
    working", with the same three choices again. If I then choose the first option under "COM Surrogate" it simply finishes and returns to the second popup.
    If I choose the second, it takes several attempts to close.

Since this only happens in IE10, I loaded Firefox and have been using Firefox since without this problem appearing there. My
    assumption, therefore, is that the problem is with IE10. Google searches have come up with some suggestions which haven't helped.

I am now planning to run an Acronis image back up of the PC and then uninstalling IE10 and then re-installing it to see if that
    solves the problem. My understanding is that uninstalling IE10 will cause it to revert back to a prior version of IE10 and then I
    can do a Windows Update to re-install IE10.

Does anyone have a better idea? Has anyone else ever un-installed IE10? Will doing so cause me to lose the existing Favorite
    Places? If so, what do I do to save them for re-use that would be more convenient than trying to pick them up from an image
    backup? Am I correct in understanding that since I am running 64bit Windows 7, I should make sure to download the 64 bit version
    or would doing a Windows Update take care of that for me. Or can I just download 64bit version of IE10 and install it without
    first un-installing it?

Any help would be appreciated.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried multiple times over the past 6 months to install ie 10 on my 64bit Windows 7 eMacine PC. It installs but does not open any web site saying they are all unable to be displayed. I'm replying to you because when I uninstall ie 10, it reverts back to ie 9, 64 bit, which then runs fine and all the favorites are still there. You do have to readjust the tool bars.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,063 Posts
    If you are on Windows 7, maybe trying IE 11 would be a possibility. There is some possibility that it will also be problematic, though, there have been reports of problems with IE 11 (and you can see some in other posts here).
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks but i tried that. When i uninstalled 10, it reverted to 9. It ran fine until I turned off the machine. Next time I ran pc the same problems appeared in 9 that were appearing in 10. Then I updated to 11 and everything looked good until I turned off the machine and rebooted - same problems as originally. Even though this only happens in IE (not even in Firefox), it looks like I am stuck with it. My plan in the near future is try to restore an earlier backup or do a fresh install to see if that will resolve this.

Thanks
    From: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...working-2.html

Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the fix for this error:
    Click start and search for Task Scheduler
    Open the Task Scheduler
    In the left pane click the following:
    Task Scheduler Library>Microsoft>Windows>RAC
    Now on the top menu click View>Show Hidden Tasks
    Now in the top center pane you will see RAC Task, Right Click on it then click
    disable.

This will stop this error from ever appearing again....