Thread: IE 10 Pop-Ups

New Lounger
    Thanks

IE 10 Pop-Ups

Under Windows 7, I upgraded to IE10 from IE9. Now I'm getting all kinds of pop-ups even though I have the Pop Up Blocker turned on and set on High. Didn't have this on IE9. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Does that happen in all sites?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It seems to happen mainly on nbcnews.com when I click on a link and open a new screen.

Administrator
    Thanks
    If it happens just in some specific sites, it may be that the popup blocker is not working for some reason, in those sites.

See if the information here helps: Pop up blocker is not working in Internet Explorer 10
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll check out the link for some help. Just seems strange that it started when I updated to IE10. Should I go back to IE9 and, if so, how do I do that?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fast View Post
    Thanks. I'll check out the link for some help. Just seems strange that it started when I updated to IE10. Should I go back to IE9 and, if so, how do I do that?
    I can't say that it will. I would try to solve the issue while keeping IE 10, since it offers better compatibility with web standards than IE 9, which is something that can be relevant for some websites.
    Rui
    -------
    R4