New Lounger
    Thanks

Pop up Forms (Access 2000)

I have a Form with an option button to show information from a small table. What is the code so this small table is a pop up form? I have tried examples in the help file which seems to be different from a book I have " Building Applications in Access" none seem to work. The pop up properties of the table have been set.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pop up Forms (Access 2000)

Create a form based on the table in question. Set forms Pop Up property to Yes. Set the command button on your other form to open this new pop up form. You can use the Wizard to create this button.

I hope that I have correctly understood what you are trying to do...

Jack

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I have set up a Form with a button which should open up a pop up Form which is also set up, what I was after was the code to open up the pop up Form. I have tried two suggestions without success. The code should start something like DoCmd.OpenForm,but I need to fill the code in from there.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you use the Wizard to create your OpenForm code you will be asked by the Wizard if you want to open the form to show all records or a specific record. If you select the specific record radio button then the Wizard will ask you a couple of additional questions. When the button is complete then you can look at the code to see how it 'knows' which record to open in the pop up form to.

I hope this is what you are after.

Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What exactly are you trying to do? Opening up a popup form merely requires DoCmd.OpenForm <formname> in the event procedure behind the button you want to use to open the popup form.

If that isn't accomplishing what you want, you're going to have to explain more about the problem. The syntax for DoCmd.OpenForm can be found in the help files and also in the object browser.
    Charlotte