New Lounger
    Thanks

Combo in Subform

Hi,

I have a main form that contains "Patient Name" and "Provider Name".
    The subform contains the info for the selection of the "Patient Activity".
    The subform is named "Detail".
    If I select a "Patient" in the Main form the data is displayed in the "Detail" subform. (Single form)
    If I want to narrow it down to a "Provider" i can then select a "Provider".
    This part of my project works.

I have the "Parent" "Child" set to "PatientId". Source Object set to "Detail"
    Now in the subform "Detail" I have a combobox that displays a list of "Providers" this data comes form a tbl for the "Provider".

What I'm trying to do is select the "Provider" in the subform combobox and have the data for all "Patient" associated with the selected "Provider"
    displayed regardless of the selection in the "Main" form.

My tables are:

tblProvider
    tblPatientActivity
    tblPatientName
    tblPatientProvider

Thanks for looking at this

Charles

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hang part of your database, and you try to help.Pardon my English language is not very good. I am from Serbia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slobodan0808 For This Useful Post:

Charlescd (2013-12-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlescd View Post
    Hi,

... I have the "Parent" "Child" set to "PatientId". Source Object set to "Detail"
    Now in the subform "Detail" I have a combobox that displays a list of "Providers" this data comes form a tbl for the "Provider".

What I'm trying to do is select the "Provider" in the subform combobox and have the data for all "Patient" associated with the selected "Provider"
    displayed regardless of the selection in the "Main" form.
    From that I take it you are trying to display all of the patients that have an activity linked to that provider - in general combo boxes are used to select data from another table or a set of options. What do you want to do with that data once you display it? You could create a list of all of the patients connected to a provider, but that doesn't seem to make much sense. The typical way is to create a different form that lets you select a specific provider and then display the patients connected to that provider in a subform.
    Wendell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WendellB For This Useful Post:

Charlescd (2013-12-19)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for your offer to help.

When you open the file you can select "Patient" name. The subform should display the data for the selected patient.
    Use Mike and Sue.
    After the selection of the patient you can narrow the detail to a "Provider". Use Prov_1 or Prov_14.
    As mentioned this part works.

In the subform you will see a combo for "Providers". I placed this in the subform because I only want to see all of the data for the selected "Provider" regardless of the selection in the "main" form.

Thanks
    Charles
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,

Thanks for looking. The purpose is for the user to review and make corrections if necessary.
    When I get the form to display the info from the selection. I'll be adding buttons for "Next", "Previous" and Update.
    The person I'm trying to help wants to be able to select a patient and be able to review all of the records. They then want to be able to narrow the search
    down. They will then select a provider and review the data and too make any correction necessary.
    As for the subform I thought that adding the "provider" in it you would be able to select a Provider and if necessary make corrections.
    I know this seem to be redundant, but this is what was given to me.
    I have this same type of file in excel. And it works there.
    I'm open too any suggestions as how to proceed.

Charles