New Lounger
    Thanks

Distribute VB application with Word (VB)

How can you distribute a VB application with word object created inside to a PC doesn't install word.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Distribute VB application with Word (VB)

Is your VB application creating a Word object when it's run or are you asking about an app that has an embedded Word document in it somewhere? What exactly is it that you want to do?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

yes, in my VB application, i need some functions from Word, so I created word object inside my VB application. White the application running, it might need to create Word instance and use some functions in Word. But when client side doesn't have Word installed, it will cause run time err.

I used package wizard to deploy it, it seems doesn't include necessary dlls from Word. I am not sure if it's doable?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You aren't going to be able to create a Word object on a machine that doesn't have Word installed, and I doubt that you can legally redistribute the libraries that Word uses anyhow.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you distribute a VB program that uses Word, then the recipient has to have Word, there's nothing you can legally distribute. Note that they also have to have the appropriate version of Word, e.g., if you are using Word 9, the code might not work even if the recipient has Word 8. You might need version dependent VBA code in your VB app.

However, if distribute a VB program that uses Access and you have an version of Office that allows you to distribute the Access runtimes, you are in better shape.

AFAIK, there are no distributable runtimes for any Office component other than Access.