New Lounger
    Thanks

cannot see IE icon iexplore not showing

cannot see the ie9 icon. have just uninstalled ie 11

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is Internet Explorer still listed in All Programs and how did you uninstall IE 11 ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have unchecked the updates on the IE 11 from the settings in control panel. I have also used the Mircrosoft fix it tool. still not working

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by unchecking IE 11 from the settings in Control Panel.

IE 11 is uninstalled from Installed Updates, but if you have unchecked the box in Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off then that effectively "uninstalls" IE, so the box will need to be rechecked which will reinstate it and then you can uninstall the update from Installed Updates which will revert you to whichever version you upgraded from.

After it has reverted, go Tools - About Internet Explorer to ascertain if it has reverted to the 32 or 64 bit version.

If it has reverted to the 64 bit version and you want 32 bit, then unpin the e from the system tray and open IE from All Programs and then pin that e to the system tray.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi still not working. i cannot restore back to IE9

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Go into Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off and ensure that the box for Internet Explorer is checked.

If that is already checked then is IE showing in All Programs ?

Reinstalling IE9 can be chewy at the best of times after it has been uninstalled but you can download it direct from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...9-details.aspx

Do you still have restore points back to when you still had IE9 that you could revert to ?

Thanks
    When I had Windows 7 and wanted to uninstall IE 10 and go back to IE 9, I had to do two things:
    * Uninstall it under "Uninstall or change a program"
    * Uncheck it under "Turn Windows Features on or off"
    I then rebooted.

Once I did all of the above, IE 9 was up and running on my computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have done this, It says IE 9 is already installed on your computer, but I am not able to locate internet explorer. The file iexplore.exe does not exist either

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you check your restore points prior to upgrading to IE11 to see if you can restore from those ?

If IE9 is already installed then it should be showing as an update in Installed Updates.

Right click in the Taskbar to open Task Manager then click on File/New Task (Run..) then type iexplore.exe and click OK to see if it will open IE and if so, you can pin it to the Taskbar.

If that brings it back up then go Tools/About Internet Explorer to see which version is running and a reboot should reinstate it so that it lists it again in Start/All Programs.

Thanks
    Check your Windows updates. You may have one listed there for IE 11. If you uninstall it, then reboot, you should then be back in business with IE 9.

One way to jumpstart things is to open up a File Explorer window (click on Computer). Then, in the address window, type a complete web address, including the http part. Hit ENTER. That will open up an Internet Explorer browser window.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just turned on my computer after two weeks of nonuse.. Had many update so I installed the updates now I can no longer find IE anywhere...what's the problem and how can I fix it

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritz123 View Post
    I have done this, It says IE 9 is already installed on your computer, but I am not able to locate internet explorer. The file iexplore.exe does not exist either
    Open a command prompt as an administrator and enter sfc /scannow and let us know what it reports.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumacd View Post
    Just turned on my computer after two weeks of nonuse.. Had many update so I installed the updates now I can no longer find IE anywhere...what's the problem and how can I fix it
    Use your restore points prior to the Updates to see if it reinstates it.

If that does it then check which updates it wants to install and just install one at a time to see if the problem reoccurs.