Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shift+c (Uppercase c) Hijacked?

Shift+c no longer produces a capital "c". I can get an uppercase "c" with caps lock and in Word & Wordperfect, I can type a lower case "c" and convert the case. I can also use shift plus other keys (A, B, D, etc.). I'm using Window 7 pc with a standard keyboard.

I suspect that a software program and redefined "shift+c", but can't find a way to get it back. Is there a way to find what is controlling this key combination without searching through ach program and add-on?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the problem and it's going to sound silly. It was caused by eating a stupid Christmas cookie at my desk. Someone sent a batch of sugar cookies to our office and they have round green and red sprinkles, about 1/16 inch in diameter. One of the sprinkles was wedged between the F2 & F3 keys, and the F3 key was staying partially depressed.

Merry Christmas and I hope all of your problems can be so easily solved!

Thanks
    Sounds like the cookie monster got you!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Talking Oooops

Quote Originally Posted by bdh View Post
    I found the problem and it's going to sound silly. It was caused by eating a stupid Christmas cookie at my desk. Someone sent a batch of sugar cookies to our office and they have round green and red sprinkles, about 1/16 inch in diameter. One of the sprinkles was wedged between the F2 & F3 keys, and the F3 key was staying partially depressed.

Merry Christmas and I hope all of your problems can be so easily solved!

Hahaha I literally had the same problem. Only capital c wasn't working...Sticky keys, caps lock, everything else worked. Turns out I had a bit of chilli con carne stuck on the side of my f2 and f3 keys...

Thank you for posting, otherwise I never would have spotted the problem (my function keys are already barely depressable, so you would never notice the difference whether it was pressed or not)

Thanks
    Gosh, I'm getting hungry for some reason.