5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot get Equation to display

I have set up an equation on Word using Microsoft Equation 3.0, but cannot get it to display the entire formula

It would be appreciated if someone could explain how I can correct this

I am also looking for an easy way to set up formulas/Equations on Word
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no problem with the equation itself. The text paragraph that contains the equation is set to a line spacing of Exactly 10.9 pt, so that's the most that can be displayed. Change the paragraph's line spacing to Single or At Least, and the depth of the line will adjust to the size of the equation.

What do you have in mind when you say "an easy way to set up formulas/equations"? Are you looking for a one-click way to get into the equation editor, or do you have difficulty using the editor to create equations? If it's the first, then put this macro in your Normal.dotm template along with a Quick Access Toolbar button to run the macro:

Code:
    Sub EquationEditor()
        Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Equation.3"
    End Sub

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I have changed the paragraph's line spacing and it now display the equation clearly. I have only recently started using the equation editor and am having difficulty in creating equations. Its takes me a while to create one equation. It may just be that I need to get used to the equation editor

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just to be sure: Do you know that the Equation Editor 3.0 is the "old" equation editor from Word 2003 and earlier, and that there is a newer equation editor that you may (or may not) find easier to use? To start an equation in the newer editor, press Alt and the = key together, or click Insert > Equation.

Another thing that may help is that the newer editor lets you save complete equations as building blocks that you can insert with a click, to re-use or to edit further. Right-click a completed equation and click Save as New Equation. Assign a name to it. When you click the down arrow of the Insert > Equation button, the building block will be somewhere on the dropdown (by default, at the bottom).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info and your help. The new equation editor is definitely easier to use