New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Windows 7 Pro 32 bits OS "Access Denied" Windows update "Error code 08007005"

I have tried several things to fix this issue. But have been unsuccessful. I am looking for a last ditch effort prior to reformatting my system.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Momma,

??What have you tried??

Zig

New Lounger
    Thanks
    WSCservice.JPGWindowsUpdateIssues.JPGPublisherDetails.JPGCollectionInfo.JPGDetectionDetails.JPGIE9Patchinstallererror.JPGMalware bytes, restore to previous points, uninstalling anti virus, going to windows, properties, general, check "hidden", let run, then unchecked hidden, let it run.

Reinstalled AVG Free 2014 ran anti virus scan.
    Reinstalled Malware Bytes and ran.

emptied out "Qoobox"

Just to name a few.

See attachments. This is when I noticed the problem. Got the following errors
    Last edited by Jomomma; 2013-12-24 at 13:15. Reason: update

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Run the Aggressive mode in this MS Fixit to reset the Windows Update components which will include resetting the winsock and should fix the Internet connection problem.

You can also see if these commands will do it if that was unsuccessful -

Go Start and type cmd.exe then right click on cmd and select Run as administrator

Type net stop wuauserv and press Enter (you can leave the Command window open)

Go Start and click on My Computer or Computer

Click on Windows C: and navigate Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Right click on SoftwareDistribution and choose Rename and call the
    folder "SDold"

Return to the Command window and type net start wuauserv and press Enter

Type exit and press Enter to close the Command window and retry Windows Updates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

Jomomma (2013-12-24)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    admincmdline.JPG

I am unable to get access as administrator. Command line will not work at all. See attached

Trying MSFIXIT Aggressive Mode. Will advise

New Lounger
    Thanks
    MSFIXIT.JPG

As you can see assess is being denied to any microsoft updates or any admintrative access. I think the quickest thing will be to completely reformat. Whatever bug I got has restricted admin access and microsoft updates.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Before you go the whole hog - which it may yet require, see if this MajorGeeks Tweaking Tool will reset the Permissions http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...rmissions.html and then try the fixits/commands again if Windows Updates still fail.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2013-12-24 at 18:29.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

Jomomma (2013-12-24)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Similar problem, my box will not run Paint-dot-net because I don't have permission. When I tried to get the Major Geeks tool, Vipre blocked the download as an adware installer even though it had changes the file name from the suspect "Setup" to "MajGeeksPermissions." Last year, I got a very nasty adware installer while trying to download paint dot net itself.

Are most downloads adware installers or is Vipre especially sensitive?
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stonecherub For This Useful Post:

Jomomma (2013-12-26)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Interesting. I returned to the Major Geeks website and found a smaller (in size) link the actually led to the Tweaking.com site and that permissions grinder. The much larger "Start download" button, the most obvious one on the screen, did go to an adware downloader and not to the program I was after.

Nonetheless, I still cannot start Paint-dot-net because of an "UnauthorizedAccessException" to the registry key. I posted on their forum and was unhelpfully told "You don't have permission for some reason." Thanks a lot, guys.

I remember having to reinstall the OS every six months or so because installs used to rot. I'm no longer so sure my three-year-old install of Win 7 has not similarly rotted. Maybe I'll start another thread on this.
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecherub View Post
    Interesting. I returned to the Major Geeks website and found a smaller (in size) link the actually led to the Tweaking.com site and that permissions grinder. The much larger "Start download" button, the most obvious one on the screen, did go to an adware downloader and not to the program I was after.

Nonetheless, I still cannot start Paint-dot-net because of an "UnauthorizedAccessException" to the registry key. I posted on their forum and was unhelpfully told "You don't have permission for some reason." Thanks a lot, guys.

I remember having to reinstall the OS every six months or so because installs used to rot. I'm no longer so sure my three-year-old install of Win 7 has not similarly rotted. Maybe I'll start another thread on this.
    Yes, you have to watch for those green download buttons as they tend to give you anything other than what you want.

Before you click on anything, it's always best to read through the download article until you find a positive download button for the program you want.

With MajorGeeks, within the article you will usually find alternative download links which will include one or two for MajorGeeks and with those, you can be sure that they won't include any adware/toolbars.

As for Paint-dot-net, have you tried right clicking on either the desktop icon or the program in All Programs - click on Properties and view the Permissions under the Security tab.

Did you check the desktop logs to see if that failed to be modified ?

Probably best to start a new thread for your troublesome Win 7 as that is well off topic for this thread.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2013-12-26 at 15:37.